Thursday, February 14, 2008

THE NAME "VALENTINE" is DERIVED FROM the word VALENS (WORTHY) - WE ARE ALL "VALENTINES" MY PLANETARY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, EVERYDAY!


DEO is one of my myspace Help New Orleans Rebuild friends. When he posted the image above on his myspace page www.myspace.com/pauldeo my heart was immediately drawn to it and continues to be so... I experience in DEO's work an innate ability to compose with color, ideals, and innocence, whilst still portraying raw reality in a satirical and sometimes whimsical way. His work as I perceive it, has a way of communicating the mystical through the eyes of the child in a very adult and raw world. I would like to offer to you my dear readers, a Valentine's Day gift for your eyes and your hearts from a local New Orleanian artist - DEO.
















One Love
everyday...


No comments: