Monday, February 25, 2008

THE RIGHT TO BE WHO I AM WITHOUT APOLOGY - JAMES HOLLIS

Hey everyone. I am coming around the corner with this pneumonia thing and today, I took my first walk outside in a few weeks. Wow it is so hard to just rest. Not "do" anything and let the body restore itself through resting. That means I have not been writing, editing photo's, or doing anything that may be the least bit stressful as it will take away vital energies from this healing process and I never want to have this particular sickness again!

My intention is to make this talk on Friday night as I was really impressed with what James Hollis had to say when I listened to him being interviewed by Bill Moyers.

There is a young woman coming in from France, Elodie, whom I met through this blog, who is coming to take photo's and see for herself what is happening to New Orleans. I plan to drive her around the city a few times during the 10-19th of March, whist she is here. I am looking forward to taking her around with me as we both can see how things are going for folks who are rebuilding (especially for me) in the Upper and Lower 9th. I hope to be out photographing then. It should be an interesting experience for the both of us as I cannot speak French and she speaks very little English. I am looking forward to the adventure.

Peace and love,
your planetary sister





http://www.jungneworleans.org/mandala.html



James Hollis, the author of the above quote that I felt best described my perceptual experiences of Mardi and Lundi Gras (see pictures in above post), will be giving a talk on:



Why Good People Do Bad Things: Revisiting the Shadow
James Hollis, Ph.D.

Friday, February 29, 2008, 7:30 pm
Parker Methodist Church,
1130 Nashville Avenue, New Orleans
$10


No comments: