Tuesday, March 18, 2008

FOUND: NEW ORLEANS - LOWER 9TH WARD ACHIVAL PHOTO'S & COMMENTARY - 2006

Lower Ninth Ward, New Orleans LA, January 22 - 23, 2006






FOUND:

in the html code: I was touched by way the photographer choose to frame his reference points, in his html code.

"the previous Album: Ruins of New Orleans LA, January 21 - 22, 2006" "Previous: Ruins of New Orleans LA "

Also I found his commentary thoughtful, his eye for architecture good, and his ability to perceive the beauty, sacredness that comes with crisis, and the essence of the spirit of New Orleans post-Katrina. His photo's show me the extreme differences in the realities of nearby communities and neighborhoods and the French Quarter.

I couldn't stay long at this site because I found it whilst GooGle-ing info for a posting on Demolitions (I was researching the zip and info about the school). Unfortunately the only history of this school Jonathon Locket on Tonti Street in the Upper 9th Ward and its significance to the area, is oral history.)

And yes I still need to write html code which I enjoy (except all the typing! with Blogger, especially the links...

No comments: