Saturday, April 12, 2008

POST KATRINA NEW ORLEANS VOLUNTEERS: http://www.myspace.com/bigrossman


This is an e-mail I received from Ross a myspace postkatrina2007.com friend:


I WANTED TO WRITE TO YOU AND TELL YOU THAT MY TIME IN THE GREATER NEW ORLEANS AREA AND ST.BERNARD PARISH VOLUNTEERING AND HELPING TO REBUILD IS OVER.

IN MY TIME THERE I CAME DOWN WITH WHAT WAS LATER CLASSIFIED AS "THE KATRINA COUGH". SEVERE SINUS CONGESTION LED TO PNEUMONIA WHICH THEN LED TO HOSPITAL TIME.I WAS WARNED BY MY DOCTOR,BECAUSE OF THE FRAGILE NATURE OF MY PHYSICAL HEALTH, NOT TO RETURN THERE.


AND ITS KILLING ME!

THERE IS SO MUCH TO BE DONE, AND I'M NOT THERE TO DO IT.

DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY IT HURTS ME THAT I'M NOT BACK IN THE LOWER NINTH WARD DOING WHAT I SO PASSIONATELY WANTED TO DO. BUT INSTEAD OF BEING THERE IN THE FLESH TO DO WHAT I CAN,I'M ON THE NET,WRITING BLOGS, AGGRAVATING GOVERNMENT AGENCIES, GATHERING PEOPLE, RAISING AWARENESS OF WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

HOPEFULLY ALL MY WORK WILL NOT BE IN VAIN. BECAUSE I LOVE NEW ORLEANS!

ITS MY ADOPTED CITY. SOME OF MY FAVORITE AND BEST MEMORIES ARE OF NEW ORLEANS AND LOUISIANA. ITS A BEAUTIFUL STATE AND CITY THAT IS SO VIBRANT WITH CULTURE AND HISTORY. AND IT SADDENS ME THAT THIS COUNTRY,YOUR COUNTRY, OUR COUNTRY IS LETTING IT SINK INTO THE MISSISSIPPI AND THE GULF OF MEXICO. WE ARE FAMILY, MAYBE NOT BIOLOGICALLY, BUT WE LIVE ON THE GULF COAST, AND WE'RE AMERICANS. THAT MAKES US MORE KIN THAN YOU KNOW.

IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO TO HELP YOUR CAUSE AND FURTHER IT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'M AN E-MAIL AWAY FROM YOU.

TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS...

"TREASON DOTH NEVER PROSPERS.........."

ROSS
CREOLA, Alabama
United States

http://www.myspace.com/bigrossman

No comments: